6/21/2017

A bit of both

Hi!

When I start to slip off the blogging bandwagon sometimes it's hard to tell if it's because I'm feeling bummed about life or if it's because I've been busy trying to make a great life.

Lately it's been a bit of both.

This (and having my sister-in-law close by) saved me last week during the Week From Hell. (Alex, Wednesday night was the highlight of my week (maybe year haha!), but somehow it made Thursday and Friday just that much more unbearable!)

I could use a Vacation from my Problems!

But my Real Life is also pretty sweet.


And here are some random paradoxes/tensions I've been thinking about lately:

accuracy vs. precision
self-hood vs. community
submission vs. autonomy
being like everyone vs. being unique
feeling content vs. striving for improvement
grief vs. gratitude/pleasure
being conservative vs. having an abundance mentality
feeling hopeful vs. being realistic

Finally, interesting article and cute item.

And also, I need this. But not at that price. It's not OK.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa! High five for blogging today! That shout out got me teary eyed. SO good being with you again.

    "it's hard to tell if it's because I'm feeling bummed about life or if it's because I've been busy trying to make a great life" that line resonated with me

    Also It's OK to DIY right? Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, alex! it was totally sweet reassurance to read your post on the same day as well :)

      haha glad you loved your call-out (i mean shout-out... haha).

      Delete
  2. The other side of the banner should OF COURSE read "NOT OK"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! like your YES / NO purse! love it.

      Delete