4/03/2022

Emi's morning routine

Ahh! Emi made the cutest routine chart on Friday, the very next day after I had made my habit tracker. I actually don't think she had seen my tracker at all. I forgot that on Thursday morning I had gotten fed up with how hard it was for Theo to follow his morning routine so I made him a tiny checklist*--before I had even made my habit tracker. (So really, I inceptioned myself and had forgotten that my list for Theo inspired me to make my own chart.)

* I got out a sticky note and said, "Let's start backwards." I made a checkbox at the bottom and wrote "chocolate chip"** and then we wrote everything else that needed to happen before that. I "laminated" it with shipping tape and then he asked me to cut a slit so he could attach a clip lanyard to it. He wore it around his neck and used a dry-erase marker to check things off. (And he said, "Thank you, Mama." Like he had just been waiting for me to do this...)

** Can we please talk about rewards/motivation? I really want to know your guys' thoughts on this. For adults and children. I've been surprised how my perspective on this has changed in the last two years.

Okay without further ado, here is Emi's adorable drawing (with her permission):

Left: Post-breakfast routine; Right: Waking to breakfast routine. (My favorite is step 4 where she ascends from her bedroom in the basement to the main level of the house hahaha.) Also, please note the number of times that hand-washing occurs. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment