5/06/2016

Emilyn is 17 weeks


I have always felt a little self conscious posting about my kids (or really anything about my family) on the internet. I think some amount of paranoia about Big Brother is warranted, but I'm trying to chill out just a little bit and figure out a good balance here. I've always enjoyed reading about other people kid's (even complete strangers) so I figure maybe it's not that weird for me to do this.

Again, writing these updates will provide one more layer of structure to this blog. I don't know if it's too ambitious of me to post weekly on Emilyn but changes happen by the week at this age, so I'll give it a shot. Some of my inspiration for the format comes from Val and Kelsey.

Lots of potentially boring details so feel free to skip these posts... Or just skim them for the photos :)


16 weeks summary (She turned 17 weeks on Wednesday when I wrote this)

WAKETIME/PLAYTIME
The previous week Emilyn was exploring the sound of her voice. We'd find her exploring different inflections, or as we'd like to call it, "singing." I'm a bit nervous that we have another chatterbox on our hands.

She is grabbing at toys, especially ones swinging above her like on her activity mat. She is giving lots of sweet smiles; I especially love when she looks up at me when nursing.

She's still not rolling over but she sure is trying really hard! She loves her big brother and is always watching what he is doing.

EATING
Nursing is still going pretty well. She has sped up to about 4 minutes a side and eats 6 times a day. I just decided to stretch her from a 3hr schedule with 4 naps to a 3.5hr schedule with 3 naps but trying to figure out if she needs that 6th feed or not. I think she's been able to do 3.5hrs for a long time but we had (and still have?) witching hour that was making it hard to drop the late evening feeding so I hadn't wanted to drop a daytime feeding until we could get rid of that.

TEETHING?
She started to drool the day she turned 17 weeks. I'm afraid that teething is just around the corner. She also clamped down when nursing the other day. I'm trying to tell her "No!" but she just looks up at me and smiles. I've given her a teether toy to chew on instead. Hopefully she will figure that out. :)

SCHEDULE
Roughly 90 minute waketimes most of the day for a good nap.

7:30 feed, and short waketime
8:15-11 nap
11 feed
12:30-2:30 nap
2:30 feed
4-6 nap
6 feed, longer waketime
8 feed and put down for "bed"
9 "dreamfeed" which she wakes up for, then down for the night (hopefully we can do away with this soon)

Princess Emilyn, ruler of the blue recliner

No comments:

Post a Comment