5/03/2016

#ohrenee


I'm thinking of trying to post at least one recipe a week; this will give me a schedule to keep me writing. (And cooking, let's be honest.)

Lucky for me, Eunice visited this past weekend when David had to work, and brought a bag of clams from Taylor's*, along with Bon Appetit's recipe for Steamed Clams with Chickpeas and Green Garlic.


When Eunice first texted me the link I honestly didn't think it was going to be anything special (and worth the somewhat specialized ingredients**). And when I read the prescript calling this recipe "pure Erickson," I wondered "Who's Erickson?" Then later upon reading the article in its context I realized it was Renee Erickson, famous Seattle chef and owner of many restaurants. (Insert embarrassed emoji.) But by the time the meal was over I had forgotten all about "Who's Erickson?" and was all "Oh, Renee" with Eunice like I'm on a first-name basis with her.

I hope that's enough of a motivator to you to make this recipe. Eunice and I loved how flavorful the broth was and how surprisingly light it seemed, despite the heavy cream and creme fraiche. We used regular garlic instead of green garlic but other than that we followed the recipe as written. The tarragon and dill are delightful additions which we feel you shouldn't skimp on, and we also thought that if you wanted to stretch the meal more you could add another can of garbanzo beans.

Eunice and I polished off almost three pounds by ourselves. I was sorely tempted to "destroy the evidence" before David got home.
Thank you Eunice for bringing and making us dinner! You are a gem!

Here's a link again to the recipe so you don't have to scroll up.

_______________
*plus a fresh loaf from Breadfarm, Meyer lemon bars, chocolate chip cookies, and all the other ingredients to make the dish. I was seriously wooed this weekend! Watch out, David!

**Eunice, on the other hand, thought this recipe looked rather simple and easy to put together. But that's because she's amazing. Like bringing us homemade chicken enchiladas with homemade sauce (think: roasting multiple types of chiles, etc.) after the baby was born. I am pretty much the laziest cook on earth compared to her. But really this recipe is pretty simple, once you have the ingredients together. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment