5/09/2017

One hundred


Here are my "thin slices of joy" from the last week:

1 | visiting with an old friend from out of town (Hi Molly!)
2 | eating homemade whole wheat chocolate chip muffins with the kids on the front deck for a breakfast picnic; having dinner with neighbors
3 | aforementioned neighbors giving us two perfect kid-sized chairs {and the day before a different neighbor walked over and offered to give us her old electric trimmer because she saw David cutting some hedges manually and she didn't need hers anymore}
4 | fun playdate with an old friend from work; sunshine and two boys playing really well together in the dirt for hours
5 | painting Theo's room; also, watching Theo pluck basil for his pizza

Pro tip: get a cup of chopped onions from the hot dog condiments area the next time you order a Costco pizza.
6 | the tulip festival! and ice cream cones the size of our heads!

mud puddles > tulips
7 | sunbathing during naptime; dinner on the deck with a friend whose husband also had to work on Sunday; watching one 11-month-old take a nice mud bath

And here's our menu for the week:


This is my 100th published post! I'm still not sure what this blog is, but I'm glad I'm doing it. I suppose, then, that this is a good reminder that it takes a lot of doing to get somewhere. And that the more you do, the less pressure there is on each instance of doing.

I read somewhere that instead of thinking "One day..." you can say instead "Day One." I like that fresh and hope-filled vision. Instead of thinking "One day, I'm going to live a creative life," I have the choice to say, "This is Day One (or Day Two, Three, or Ten Thousand) of living a creative life." Thanks for following along!

4 comments: