2/24/2022

Charlotte

Today I'm going to tell you a funny story from when my friend Hillary's daughter, Charlotte, was in the same kindergarten class as Theo. Charlotte is a sassy, pint-sized girl who cracks me up all the time. This happened two years ago but it still gets me, so I'm blogging the story so I can hereafter reference what is about to become our inside joke. 

--

One day Theo and Charlotte's kindergarten teacher was taking the students into the hallway one at a time for assessments. 

MRS. BENNETT: Charlotte, I want to see what you know about syllables--
CHARLOTTE 
(in sing-song): BO-RING! (claps twice to denote the syllables)

--

David and I use this all the time. You don't even need to open your mouth; you just clap (leaning forward, for dramatic effect) twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment